Learn more about how .NET works

Viewed 6478

I just had a quick phone interview. The interviewer asked me a few questions like:

  • How does C# work?
  • What is the CLR and what does it do?
  • What is C# code converted to?

Other than the CLR question (for which I gave a very vague answer), I didn't know the answers. There were a few others related to .NET that I don't remember, but I didn't know the answers to those either.

I'll admit that my knowledge is more high-level, but I feel like I have a basic grasp of how .NET works. Either way, I got a second interview, but he said I "need to brush up on how .NET works" before my next interview.

So...I'm not exactly sure how to do that...any advice?

I guess I should also mention that I've been out of college for 2 years, and I've been working professionally since then building ASP.NET web applications. Before that, I had no .NET experience.

6 Answers
Related