What does it mean to "Mavenize" a project?

Viewed 17018

I've recently been asked to mavenize an existing project, and I don't know exactly what that means. On the maven website it outlines how to create a maven project from scratch, but what if I've already got a substantial amount of code?

I'm comfortable working on the command line or in Eclipse/Netbeans. I know there are a lot of plugins for the 2 IDE's that make this kind of thing easier but I don't know where to start.

Is there anything more to it than just writing a pom file that has all the dependencies in it?

4 Answers

Simply, just add the pom.xml file under your root (context) project folder. This will make your project as Mavenize project. Once you have added the pom file, then you can execute maven build life cycle commands from IDE terminal.

These maven life cycle commands associated with default maven plugins. So, below given basic declarations enough to start any simple Java project with Maven build.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
         xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

    <groupId>org.example</groupId>
    <artifactId>AsyncService</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

</project>
Related