VBA Check if variable is empty

Viewed 224373

I have an object and within it I wanna check if some properties is set to false, like:

If (not objresult.EOF) Then
  'Some code 
End if

But somehow, sometimes objresult.EOF is Empty, and how can I check it?

  • IsEmpty function is for excel cells only
  • objresult.EOF Is Nothing - return Empty
  • objresult.EOF <> null - return Empty as well!
4 Answers

I had a similar issue with an integer that could be legitimately assigned 0 in Access VBA. None of the above solutions worked for me.

At first I just used a boolean var and IF statement:

Dim i as integer, bol as boolean
   If bol = false then
      i = ValueIWantToAssign
      bol = True
   End If

In my case, my integer variable assignment was within a for loop and another IF statement, so I ended up using "Exit For" instead as it was more concise.

Like so:

Dim i as integer
ForLoopStart
   If ConditionIsMet Then
      i = ValueIWantToAssign
   Exit For
   End If
ForLoopEnd
Related