Displaying Grails Field Errors

Viewed 8057

Does anybody know how I could get the fieldError to print out in the example below.

for each item with an error, I would like to print custom error messages that I have defined in the messages.properties file

at the moment all this does is print the default error codes

item.errors?.allErrors?.each{ 
  println it.toString() 
}

I have seen other examples where you can lookup an error code for a field e.g.

it.getFieldError('title').code

but I would like to convert the default message into my new error message and print that.

2 Answers

A somewhat simplier solution with a better performance would be;

MessageSource messageSource //Inject the messageSource class

e.errors.allErrors.each {
  String message = messageSource.getMessage(it, Locale.default)
}

OR

If you want to deal only with field errors:

e.errors.fieldErrors.each {
   String message = messageSource.getMessage("modified.invalid.validator.message", [it.field, 'message'] as Object[], Locale.default))
}

Where modified.invalid.validator.message is the local string in your messages.properties. In this particular example, this message reads something like...

modified.invalid.validator.message=Property [{0}] of [{1}] does not pass validation
Related