I'm new to VBA and want to know if I can convert the following declaration and assignment into one line:
Dim clientToTest As String
clientToTest = clientsToTest(i)
or
Dim clientString As Variant
clientString = Split(clientToTest)
I'm new to VBA and want to know if I can convert the following declaration and assignment into one line:
Dim clientToTest As String
clientToTest = clientsToTest(i)
or
Dim clientString As Variant
clientString = Split(clientToTest)
You can define and assign a value in one line, as shown below. I have given an example of two variables declared and assigned in a single line. If the data type of multiple variables are the same:
Dim recordStart, recordEnd As Integer: recordStart = 935: recordEnd = 946
In some cases the whole need for declaring a variable can be avoided by using With statement.
For example,
Dim fd As Office.FileDialog
Set fd = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogSaveAs)
If fd.Show Then
'use fd.SelectedItems(1)
End If
this can be rewritten as
With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogSaveAs)
If .Show Then
'use .SelectedItems(1)
End If
End With