Is there a quick way with macvim/NERDtree plugin to find a file?

Viewed 26971

What's the fastest way to find and open a file with MacVim? NERDtree is a great plugin, but I still have to navigate (sometimes very deep) directory trees in order to get to the file I want to get to. Is there any functionality that allows me to search a substring of a file name and show me a result set I can click on from that?

7 Answers

I'm using Vim-Plug to manage Vim plugins, there is an awesome fuzzy finder plugin that name is fzf.vim which it is based on fzf. If you use Vim-Plug you can install it as easy as below commands inside .vimrc file:

Plug 'junegunn/fzf', { 'do': './install --bin' }
Plug 'junegunn/fzf.vim'

Then exit Vim and re-open it and write:

:PlugInstall

After true installation you can have any search, documents are here.

Related