I am wondering whether I can set a timeout value for UdpClient receive method.
I want to use block mode, but because sometimes udp will lost packet, my program udpClient.receive will hang there forever.
any good ideas how I can manage that?
I am wondering whether I can set a timeout value for UdpClient receive method.
I want to use block mode, but because sometimes udp will lost packet, my program udpClient.receive will hang there forever.
any good ideas how I can manage that?
What Filip is referring to is nested within the socket that UdpClient contains (UdpClient.Client.ReceiveTimeout).
You can also use the async methods to do this, but manually block execution:
var timeToWait = TimeSpan.FromSeconds(10);
var udpClient = new UdpClient( portNumber );
var asyncResult = udpClient.BeginReceive( null, null );
asyncResult.AsyncWaitHandle.WaitOne( timeToWait );
if (asyncResult.IsCompleted)
{
try
{
IPEndPoint remoteEP = null;
byte[] receivedData = udpClient.EndReceive( asyncResult, ref remoteEP );
// EndReceive worked and we have received data and remote endpoint
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
// EndReceive failed and we ended up here
}
}
else
{
// The operation wasn't completed before the timeout and we're off the hook
}