HttpUtility.UrlEncode in console application

Viewed 42769

I'd like to use HttpUtility.UrlEncode in a console application, VB.NET, VS 2010 Beta 2.

System.Web.HttpUtility.UrlEncode(item)

Error message: 'HttpUtility' is not a member of 'Web'.

In this question Anjisan suggests to add a reference to System.Web, as follows:

  1. In your solution explorer, right click on references
  2. Choose "add reference"
  3. In the "Add Reference" dialog box, use the .NET tab
  4. Scroll down to System.Web, select that, and hit ok

However, I don't have a System.Web entry at that location.

7 Answers

System.Web is there, but seems Visual Studio doesn't sort by name by default. You'll need to click Component name column to get that list sorted.

I was able to run this code:

Console.WriteLine(System.Web.HttpUtility.UrlEncode(" ")); // +

Just adding a System.Web reference, without System.Web.Extensions.

Also, You should replace your target framework from .NET Framework 4 Client Profile to .NET Framework 4; go to Project >> Properties... >> Application tab

You need to add a reference to both System.Web and System.Web.Extensions.

Related