How to use SMS content provider? Where are the docs?

Viewed 45720

I'd like to be able to read the system's SMS content provider. Basically I wanted to make an SMS messaging app, but it would only be useful if I could see past threads etc.

It seems like there's a content provider for this, but I can't find documentation for it - anyone know where that is?

Thanks

-------- edit -----------

Ok I found a way to get the sms inbox provider, and I just dumped all the column names in that provider, looks like this:

Uri uriSms = Uri.parse("content://sms/inbox");
Cursor c = context.getContentResolver().query(uriSms, null,null,null,null); 

// column names for above provider:
0: _id
1: thread_id
2: address
3: person
4: date
5: protocol
6: read   
7: status
8: type
9: reply_path_present
10: subject
11: body
12: service_center
13: locked

I'm just piecing this together from random threads I find around the net, I'm really wondering where this is all documented (if at all)?

Thanks again

7 Answers
Related