I need the ability to convert an NSDate value to a GMT Date.
How can I go about converting an NSDate value to a GMT formatted NSDate value, independent of whatever date locale settings the iPhone device is using?
I need the ability to convert an NSDate value to a GMT Date.
How can I go about converting an NSDate value to a GMT formatted NSDate value, independent of whatever date locale settings the iPhone device is using?
NSDateFormatter *dateFormatter = [[NSDateFormatter alloc] init];
dateFormatter.dateFormat = @"yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm";
NSTimeZone *gmt = [NSTimeZone timeZoneWithAbbreviation:@"GMT"];
[dateFormatter setTimeZone:gmt];
NSString *timeStamp = [dateFormatter stringFromDate:[NSDate date]];
[dateFormatter release];
Swift 4:
//UTC or GMT ⟺ Local
extension Date {
// Convert local time to UTC (or GMT)
func toGlobalTime() -> Date {
let timezone = TimeZone.current
let seconds = -TimeInterval(timezone.secondsFromGMT(for: self))
return Date(timeInterval: seconds, since: self)
}
// Convert UTC (or GMT) to local time
func toLocalTime() -> Date {
let timezone = TimeZone.current
let seconds = TimeInterval(timezone.secondsFromGMT(for: self))
return Date(timeInterval: seconds, since: self)
}
}