Import property always null (MEF import issue)

Viewed 17676

I try for some time to get things done using MEF but now, I run into a problem i need help.

Description: I have 2 DLL and one EXE file. ClassLibrary1 (LoggerImpl.cs, SomeClass.cs) ClassLibrary2 (ILogger.cs) WindowsApplicationForms1 (WindowsApplicaitonForms1.cs, Program.cs)

I need any help or direction why this doesn't work ?

// ClassLibrary1.dll
//SomeClass.cs
 public class SomeClass
    {
        [Import("Logging", typeof(ILogger))]
        public ILogger Log { get; set; } <-- ALWAYS NULL ???

        public void Print()
        {
            Log.Print();
        }

    }

// ClassLibrary1.dll
// LoggerImpl.cs
namespace ClassLibrary1
{
    [Export("Logging", typeof (ILogger))]
    public class LoggerImpl : ILogger
    {
        public void Print()
        {
            Console.WriteLine("print called");
        }
    }
}

// ClassLibrary2.dll
// ILogger.cs
namespace LogNamespace
{
    public interface ILogger
    {
        void Print();
    }
}

// WindowsFormsApplication1.exe
// WindowsFormsApplication1.cs
namespace WindowsFormsApplication1
{
    [Export("Form1",typeof(Form1))]
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {

        [Import("Logging", typeof(ILogger))]
        public ILogger Log { set; get; }

        private CompositionContainer _container;

        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            Compose();
            Log.Print();

            SomeClass c = new SomeClass();
            c.Print();
        }

        private void Compose()
        {
            var catalog = new AggregateCatalog();

            catalog.Catalogs.Add(new DirectoryCatalog("."));
            catalog.Catalogs.Add(new AssemblyCatalog(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly()));
            _container = new CompositionContainer(catalog);

            try
            {
                _container.ComposeParts(this);
            }
            catch (CompositionException compositionException)
            {
                MessageBox.Show(compositionException.ToString());
            }
        }
    }
}
2 Answers
Related