How do I add gdb to cygwin? I have downloaded gdb tar package for cygwin from sourceforge. When extracting it there were many files, so I pasted the gdb.exe file from the package into the bin folder of cygwin. However, it's not working.
How do I add gdb to cygwin? I have downloaded gdb tar package for cygwin from sourceforge. When extracting it there were many files, so I pasted the gdb.exe file from the package into the bin folder of cygwin. However, it's not working.
For anyone else who runs into this, I had the same issue and attempted to re-run the Cygwin installation package but couldn't find the gdb package.
Looks like the mirror I used was missing some packages! Solution is to use an "official" Cygwin mirror to get access to the full library of packages.
When installing Cygwin (https://cygwin.com/), you have to select the gdb and gdb-debuginfo packages for installation. See required install packages for gdb at [https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/gdb-src.html]