I'm creating a simple windows Forms application using C# express 2008. I'm an experienced C++ developer, but I am pretty much brand new to C# and .NET.
I'm currently storing some of my simple application settings using the settings designer and code like this:
// Store setting
Properties.Settings.Default.TargetLocation = txtLocation.Text;
...
// Restore setting
txtLocation.Text = Properties.Settings.Default.TargetLocation;
Now I'd like to store either an array of ints ( int[] ), or possibly a List of ints ( List< int > ), as a setting. However, I can't figure out how to do this. I've searched the documentation, stackoverflow, and google, and I cannot find a decent explanation of how to do this.
My hunch based on the sparse examples I've found is that I have to create a class that is serializable that wraps my array or List, and then I will be able to use that Type in the settings designer. However, I'm not sure exactly how to do this.