iPhone core data inserting new objects

Viewed 32405

I have been reading through the core data documentation and feel I am still missing something.

I do not quite understand how you insert objects into a relationship of another object.

For example the following two Entities are in my model

flightDepartureBoard
 name: 
 from_airport:
 to_airport:
 current_flights: (this is a one to many relationship of flight detail entities)

flight_details
 arrive
 depart
 name

So my data contains a list of different departure boards for a few airports. Each departure board then contains a number of flight_details containing info on the current arrivals and departures for that airport.

My current understanding is to insert the flight details for a specific departure board, I must get the managedObject for the board, then create a new managed object for each flight and set its values as appropriate then create an NSSet conatining the flight managed objects and set the depatureboards managedObject current_flights (the relationship) to the just created NSSet. Is this correct?

What if I want to add new entries? I assume I do not need to fetch the entire set first?

Thanks for any help..


Although I just realised I could set the relationship to the current object on the flightDetails object instead..

2 Answers
Related