Is my process waiting for input?

Viewed 12689

I am using the Process class to run an exe.

The exe is a 3rd party console application that I do not control.

I wish to know whether the process is waiting for input on the command line.

Should it make any difference, I intend to kill the application should it be waiting for input.

There are suitable events for when there is output from the program waiting to be read, but I cannot see anything similar for when the process is waiting patiently for input.

            ProcessStartInfo info = new ProcessStartInfo();
            info.FileName = "myapp.exe";
            info.CreateNoWindow = true;
            info.UseShellExecute = false;
            info.RedirectStandardError = true;
            info.RedirectStandardInput = true;
            info.RedirectStandardOutput = true;
            process.StartInfo = info;

            process.OutputDataReceived += new DataReceivedEventHandler(process_OutputDataReceived);
            process.ErrorDataReceived += new DataReceivedEventHandler(process_ErrorDataReceived);

            process.Start();

            process.BeginOutputReadLine();
            process.BeginErrorReadLine();


            process.WaitForExit();

How do I detect that my process is waiting for input?

3 Answers

Use process.StandardInput.writrLine("input"); for sending input to consol in c#

Related