Can I have multiple services hosted in a single windows executable

Viewed 20415

My question is essentially the same as the following one but the answer did not help me.

.NET Windows Service - multiple services in one project

Essentially, I have 3 services, lets say "Service1", "Service" and "Service3".

ServiceBase[] ServicesToRun;
ServicesToRun = new ServiceBase[]
                                {
                                    new Service1("Service1"),
                                    new Service2("Service2"),
                                    new Service3("Service3")
                                };

ServiceBase.Run(ServicesToRun);

I also have installer classes with corresponding serviceInstaller.ServiceName = "ServiceX" for each of these services.

When I use installutil, i do see all 3 services on the Service manager. However, when i start them (any or all of them) only the first one ("Service1") is running.

I know this is trivial and i can probably have different installer projects for each of these but in my case, it semantically makes more sense to use just one

Your help is appreciated

Thanks Venu

1 Answers
Related