How to display a moving boat in Google Earth?

Viewed 16957

I am new to the KML format and try to figure out how to display a boat (a png), moving from a place to another along a path (a simple line drawn composed of several lines).

I can see how to display a Placemark, even with an icon, and a Path, separately.

What I would like to see when I click on the KML file is :

  • the boat appearing at the departure point;
  • the path drawing itself until the arrival;
  • the boat icon moving at a comfortable speed (bonus point it I can set a ration time / progress, extra bonus if I can click on start, pause or rewind) from departure to arrival along the path.

Is that even possible ? I know it is with Google Map, but you can program it with Javascript, which eases things a lot.

8 Answers
Related