Xcode code sense color/completion not working

Viewed 47818

EDIT: This is weird... if I double-click the Recent Projects item for the project in the welcome screen, code sense and coloring works just fine but if I just click Open (bottom right in welcome screen) it doesn't. Opening from File > Recent projects does not work either and neither does double-clicking the .xcodeproj file in Finder.


Code sense for an iPhone OS 3.0 project I have been working on for several months (through different installations/versions of Xcode) is not working any more. For instance, if I do NSString *myString, all code would be black (no coloring, no Option + Double Click, no code completion). Code Sense only "works" for my own classes/methods/properties but not for any of the SDK classes. If I create a new project from scratch I do have all of these working.

I already tried changing the "Base SDK for All Configurations" in this project. I already tried "Rebuild Code Sense Index". I already tried "Clean All Targets".

Documentation in the Preferences is all downloaded and working. For instance, if I select the NSString above and do Right-Click -> Find text in documentation, I get the window with all the reference to the class.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

23 Answers

I had this problem on just one of my .m files, and after trying a lot of the things above it turned out XCode had at some point removed the .m extension. It was still listed in the project navigator as 'Myclass.m' but right clicking it and selecting Show in finder revealed the file was just called 'Myclass' (And was oddly placed in the en.lproj subfolder!).

Removing the reference from the project navigator, renaming and moving the file and re-adding it to the project fixed my problem.

Related