SQL Server Script to create a new user

Viewed 264884

I want to write a script to create a admin user ( with abcd password ) in SQL Server Express. Also I want to assign this user admin full rights.

6 Answers
CREATE LOGIN AdminLOGIN WITH PASSWORD = 'pass'
GO


Use MyDatabase;
GO

IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.database_principals WHERE name = N'AdminLOGIN')
BEGIN
    CREATE USER [AdminLOGIN] FOR LOGIN [AdminLOGIN]
    EXEC sp_addrolemember N'db_owner', N'AdminLOGIN'
    EXEC master..sp_addsrvrolemember @loginame = N'adminlogin', @rolename = N'sysadmin'
END;
GO

this full help you for network using:

1- Right-click on SQL Server instance at root of Object Explorer, click on Properties
Select Security from the left pane.

2- Select the SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode radio button, and click OK.

3- Right-click on the SQL Server instance, select Restart (alternatively, open up Services and restart the SQL Server service).

4- Close sql server application and reopen it

5- open 'SQL Server Configuration Manager' and tcp enabled for network

6-Double-click the TCP/IP protocol, go to the IP Addresses tab and scroll down to the IPAll section.

7-Specify the 1433 in the TCP Port field (or another port if 1433 is used by another MSSQL Server) and press the OK 

8-Open in Sql Server: Security And Login  And Right Click on Login Name And Select Peroperties And Select Server Roles And 
  Checked The Sysadmin And Bulkadmin then Ok.
9-firewall: Open cmd as administrator and type: 
      netsh firewall set portopening protocol = TCP port = 1433 name = SQLPort mode = ENABLE scope = SUBNET profile = CURRENT

This past week I installed Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Developer Edition on my dev box, and immediately ran into a problem I had never seen before.

I’ve installed various versions of SQL Server countless times, and it is usually a painless procedure. Install the server, run the Management Console, it’s that simple. However, after completing this installation, when I tried to log in to the server using SSMS, I got an error like the one below:

SQL Server login error 18456 “Login failed for user… (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18456)” I’m used to seeing this error if I typed the wrong password when logging in – but that’s only if I’m using mixed mode (Windows and SQL Authentication). In this case, the server was set up with Windows Authentication only, and the user account was my own. I’m still not sure why it didn’t add my user to the SYSADMIN role during setup; perhaps I missed a step and forgot to add it. At any rate, not all hope was lost.

The way to fix this, if you cannot log on with any other account to SQL Server, is to add your network login through a command line interface. For this to work, you need to be an Administrator on Windows for the PC that you’re logged onto.

Stop the MSSQL service. Open a Command Prompt using Run As Administrator. Change to the folder that holds the SQL Server EXE file; the default for SQL Server 2014 is “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Binn”. Run the following command: “sqlservr.exe –m”. This will start SQL Server in single-user mode. While leaving this Command Prompt open, open another one, repeating steps 2 and 3. In the second Command Prompt window, run “SQLCMD –S Server_Name\Instance_Name” In this window, run the following lines, pressing Enter after each one: 1

CREATE LOGIN [domainName\loginName] FROM WINDOWS 2 GO 3 SP_ADDSRVROLEMEMBER 'LOGIN_NAME','SYSADMIN' 4 GO Use CTRL+C to end both processes in the Command Prompt windows; you will be prompted to press Y to end the SQL Server process.

Restart the MSSQL service. That’s it! You should now be able to log in using your network login.

Related