Subtraction between two sql queries

Viewed 113754

I have 2 queries in MS SQL that return a number of results using the COUNT function.

I can run the the first query and get the first result and then run the other one to get the other result, subtract them and find the results; however is there a way to combine all 3 functions and get 1 overall result

As in: run sql1 run sql2 run SQL3 (sql1-sql2)?....

I tried them with xxxx as a function but no luck.

11 Answers

This will return the difference

SELECT COUNT(Attribute) - COUNT(DISTINCT Attribute) FROM table_name;

The query is like below :

SELECT (select COUNT(FIRSTNAME) FROM TRMDW.EMPLOYEE1) - (SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT FIRSTNAME) FROM TRMDW.EMPLOYEE1) as difference from dual;

This can be done in a single query:

SELECT COUNT(col_name) - COUNT(DISTINCT col_name) as Difference from table_name;

The query is like below :

((SELECT SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(m,'/',2),'/',-1) 
FROM ms WHERE ms.id=t.m_id)-(SELECT COUNT(id) FROM t AS tr WHERE tr.m_id=t.m_id)) AS remaining
Related