Problems with setting the classpath in ant

Viewed 59813

I'm having problems getting my Java program to run (it uses some third party JARs). I can compile it fine but when I call my run target in ant it says it can't find the class that I told it run in the classpath. Here's what my build.xml looks like:

<project basedir="." default="build">
<property name="build" value="build" />
<property name="src" value="." />
<property name="lib" value="lib" />

<path id="classpath">
    <fileset dir="${lib}">
        <include name="**/*.jar" />
    </fileset>
    <fileset dir="${build}">
        <include name="*.class" />
    </fileset>
</path>

<target name="build">
    <javac srcdir="${src}" destdir="${build}">
        <classpath refid="classpath" />
    </javac>
</target>

<target name="run">
    <java classname="FirstClass">
        <classpath refid="classpath" />
    </java>
</target>

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?


Here's my stack trace from ant:

ant run Buildfile: build.xml

run:
[java] Could not find GuiStarter. Make sure you have it in your classpath
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.execute(ExecuteJava.java:138)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.run(Java.java:764)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.executeJava(Java.java:218)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.executeJava(Java.java:132)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.execute(Java.java:105)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
[java] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[java] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
[java] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[java] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1337)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1189)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:758)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:217)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
[java] Java Result: -1

BUILD SUCCESSFUL Total time: 1 second
4 Answers

I had exactly the same problem. To avoid it, I was helped by deleting the "package" line at the very top in the Java code. After that, my VS Studio started complaining that this line was missing, but the xml code was executed successfully)))

Related