jQuery and AJAX response header

Viewed 365054

So I've got this jQuery AJAX call, and the response comes from the server in the form of a 302 redirect. I'd like to take this redirect and load it in an iframe, but when I try to view the header info with a javascript alert, it comes up null, even though firebug sees it correctly.

Here's the code, if it'll help:

$j.ajax({
    type: 'POST',
    url:'url.do',
    data: formData,
    complete: function(resp){
        alert(resp.getAllResponseHeaders());
    }
});

I don't really have access to the server-side stuff in order to move the URL to the response body, which I know would be the easiest solution, so any help with the parsing of the header would be fantastic.

8 Answers

UPDATE 2018 FOR JQUERY 3 AND LATER

I know this is an old question but none of the above solutions worked for me. Here is the solution that worked:

//I only created this function as I am making many ajax calls with different urls and appending the result to different divs
function makeAjaxCall(requestType, urlTo, resultAreaId){
        var jqxhr = $.ajax({
            type: requestType,
            url: urlTo
        });
        //this section is executed when the server responds with no error 
        jqxhr.done(function(){

        });
        //this section is executed when the server responds with error
        jqxhr.fail(function(){

        })
        //this section is always executed
        jqxhr.always(function(){
            console.log("getting header " + jqxhr.getResponseHeader('testHeader'));
        });
    }
Related