I need to round a double to nearest five. I can't find a way to do it with the Math.Round function. How can I do this?
What I want:
70 = 70
73.5 = 75
72 = 70
75.9 = 75
69 = 70
and so on..
Is there an easy way to do this?
I need to round a double to nearest five. I can't find a way to do it with the Math.Round function. How can I do this?
What I want:
70 = 70
73.5 = 75
72 = 70
75.9 = 75
69 = 70
and so on..
Is there an easy way to do this?
You can also write a generic function:
Option 1 - Method
public int Round(double i, int v)
{
return (int)(Math.Round(i / v) * v);
}
And use it like:
var value = Round(72, 5);
Option 2 - Extension method
public static double Round(this double value, int roundTo)
{
return (int)(Math.Round(value / roundTo) * roundTo);
}
And use it like:
var price = 72.0;
var newPrice = price.Round(5);
I did this this way:
int test = 5 * (value / 5);
for the next value (step 5) above, just add 5.