How to test GUI for color blind person?

Viewed 12616

Is there a way to test if a GUI is usable for color blind person?

I know that it has many degrees and I guess that's why simply doing a screenshot in black & white is not the best way to test the usability of a GUI for a color blind person. What is the best way or best tool to do it?

11 Answers

Color Oracle

It's for Win/Mac/*nix. It takes the image that is currently shown on your screen and applies a colorblindness filter, so that you easily can see how it looks, without having to capture screenshots and use photoshop to do the filtering. You can even assign a hotkey so that you instantly can see it. Best of all it's free.

Colorblind Vision

iPhone app for realtime simulation of colorblindness. I wrote it as my first iOS program.

Related