By default, when you create a new window in GNU Screen, it will start in the directory where Screen is invoked. I want to start a new window in GNU Screen at the current working directory of the window I'm currently in. How can I do that?
By default, when you create a new window in GNU Screen, it will start in the directory where Screen is invoked. I want to start a new window in GNU Screen at the current working directory of the window I'm currently in. How can I do that?
I have a nearly perfect solution for Bash. :)
If you never use password to set a lockscreen password, just add this to file $HOME/.bash_profile:
export PROMPT_COMMAND='screen -p $WINDOW -X chdir "$PWD"'
Do you need a password? With this:
# The digest of password "abc" is ID1wIq4l2t7s6
export PROMPT_COMMAND='screen -p $WINDOW -X eval "password none" "chdir \"$PWD\"" "idle 0 password ID1wIq4l2t7s6"'
I just hope the developers of Screen add the environment variable PWD as soon as possible.