How can I run a single test from a Rails test suite?
rake test ANYTHING seems to not help.
How can I run a single test from a Rails test suite?
rake test ANYTHING seems to not help.
Thanks to @James, the answer seems to be:
rails test test/models/my_model.rb:22
Assuming 22 is the line number of the given test. According to rails help:
$ rails test --helpYou can run a single test by appending a line number to a filename:
bin/rails test test/models/user_test.rb:27
Also, please note that your test should inherit from ActionDispatch::IntegrationTest for this to work (That was my mistake):
class NexApiTest < ActionDispatch::IntegrationTest
.
.
.
In my situation for rake only works TESTOPTS="-n='/your_test_name/'":
bundle exec rake test TEST=test/system/example_test.rb TESTOPTS="-n='/your_test_name/'"
To re-run a test that just failed, copy-n-paste the failed test name into
rails test -n [test-name]
When your test suite reports this:
> rails test
...
Error:
PlayersControllerTest#test_should_show_player:
ActionView::Template::Error: no implicit conversion from nil to integer
you rerun the failing test with this:
rails test -n PlayersControllerTest#test_should_show_player
If rake is running MiniTest, the option is --name instead of -n.
rake test TEST=test/unit/progress_test.rb TESTOPTS="--name=testCreate"
First, access the folder of the lib you want to test(this is important) and then run:
~/Projects/rails/actionview (master)$ ruby -I test test/template/number_helper_test.rb
Rails folder
bundle install
bundle exec ruby -I"activerecord/test" activerecord/test/cases/relation/where_test.rb
Note you need to load appropriate folder: "activerecord/test" (where you have test)