DOM onresize event

Viewed 45607

If I have this

window.onresize = function() {
  alert('resized!!');
};

My function gets fired multiple times throughout the resize, but I want to capture the completion of the resize. This is in IE.

Any ideas? There are various ideas out there, but not has worked for me so far (example IE's supposed window.onresizeend event.)

7 Answers

Not sure if this might help, but since it seems to be working perfectly, here it is. I have taken the snippet from the previous post and modified it slightly. The function doCenter() first translates px to em and than substracts the width of the object and divides the remainder by 2. The result is assigned as left margin. doCenter() is executed to center the object. timeout fires when the window is resized executing doCenter() again.

function doCenter() {
document.getElementById("menuWrapper").style.position = "fixed";
var getEM = (window.innerWidth * 0.063);
document.getElementById("menuWrapper").style.left = (getEM - 40) / 2 + "em";
}

doCenter();

var timeOut = null;
var func = function() {doCenter()};
window.onresize = function(){
    if (timeOut != null) clearTimeout(timeOut);
    timeOut = setTimeout(func, 100);
};
Related