How to add an UIViewController's view as subview

Viewed 119163

Note to googlers, this Q-A is now six years out of date!

As Micky below and others mention, this is now done on an everyday basis with Containers in iOS.


I have a ViewController which controls many subviews. When I click one of the buttons I initialize another viewcontroller and show it's view as the subview of this view. However the subview exceeds the bounds of the frame for subview and infact fills the entire screen.

What could be wrong? I presume the problem is that UIViewController's view has a frame (0,0,320,460) and hence fills the entire screen (though it receive's touch events only when touched within the subview frame bounds). How can I resize the frame to fit as subview.

In short, I need help adding a viewcontroller's view as a subview to another viewcontroller's view.

Thanks!

8 Answers

You may use PopupController for the same one the SDK which shows UIViewController as subview You may check PopupController

Here is sample code for the same

popup = PopupController
        .create(self.navigationController!)
        .customize(
            [
                .layout(.center),
                .animation(.fadeIn),
                .backgroundStyle(.blackFilter(alpha: 0.8)),
                .dismissWhenTaps(true),
                .scrollable(true)
            ]
        )
        .didShowHandler { popup in
        }
        .didCloseHandler { popup in
    }
    let container = MTMPlayerAndCardSelectionVC.instance()
    container.closeHandler = {() in
        self.popup.dismiss()
    }

    popup.show(container)
Related