Delphi won't run

Viewed 24602

If I try to run Delphi 7, I get this frightening message:

Borland license information was found, but it is not valid for Delphi. You cannot run Delphi without this information. Click the exit button to exit Delphi.

Delphi was running fine this morning, but choked when I tried to load the project I'm working on.

  • I reinstalled Delphi from the original disk - same message
  • I have just done a system restore from a few days ago - same message

I don't know why.

8 Answers

You'll also encounter this similar error message when your C drive where C:\Documents and Settings\username\borland folder is located doesn't have enough disk space left to write to. You must free up as much disk space as you could or transfer some of files to another drive and the error message will simply vanish without a trace.

The same message problem but with a change of hard disk for a new(copy all the partition) The solucion change the name of the unit, becouse any program work. But maybe happend if you install in other unit and the borland to start try to find in the other name of unit.

Try to run Delphi 7 in Windows XP compatibility mode

Related