django fuzzy string translation not showing up

Viewed 13623
  1. Why sometimes I get a fuzzy item in django.po language file. Actually, I have checked in my project the fuzzy string item is totally unique.

    #: .\users\views.py:81 .\users\views.py:101
    #, fuzzy
    msgid "username or email"
    msgstr "9988"
    
  2. It is ok to be fuzzy but my translation of fuzzy item not showing up on the page, only English version shows up. It is totally odd.

3 Answers

I also had these problems and I solved them all by using a 'po editor' (like poedit) which highlights fuzzy and untranslated entries and makes the translation process much faster.

You can also use Django Rosetta to have the translating process integrated in your Django environment.

Very thanks to the 1st answer by @Martin v. Löwis.

Yes, that worked great. In my case, using --use-fuzzy switch was very useful.

In my case, the content of .po file lines (not working) was something like below. All translated lines were working except this.

#: ui/templates/theme/html/ltr/vertical-menu-template-nav-dark/login.html:58
#, fuzzy
#| msgid "Already a registered user (Login)"
msgid "Not a registered user (Create account)"
msgstr "Уже зарегистрированный пользователь (логин)"

Here is output of my terminal after executing django-admin compilemessages --use-fuzzy.

(venv3.6.7) Rishikeshs-MacBook-Air:src hygull$ django-admin compilemessages --use-fuzzy
processing file django.po in /Users/hygull/Projects/Python36/Django/Others/AMCProj/amc/src/locale/hi/LC_MESSAGES
processing file django.po in /Users/hygull/Projects/Python36/Django/Others/AMCProj/amc/src/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES
processing file django.po in /Users/hygull/Projects/Python36/Django/Others/AMCProj/amc/src/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES

Finally, after running the command, just restart the server i.e. python manage.py runserver.

Related