Convert ASM to C (not reverse engineer)

Viewed 90196

I googled and I see a surprising amount of flippant responses basically laughing at the asker for asking such a question.

Microchip provides some source code for free (I don't want to post it here in case that's a no-no. Basically, google AN937, click the first link and there's a link for "source code" and its a zipped file). Its in ASM and when I look at it I start to go cross-eyed. I'd like to convert it to something resembling a c type language so that I can follow along. Because lines such as:

GLOBAL  _24_bit_sub
movf    BARGB2,w
subwf   AARGB2,f

are probably very simple but they mean nothing to me.

There may be some automated ASM to C translator out there but all I can find are people saying its impossible. Frankly, its impossible for it to be impossible. Both languages have structure and that structure surely can be translated.

13 Answers
Related