How to [recursively] Zip a directory in PHP?

Viewed 113617

Directory is something like:

home/
    file1.html
    file2.html
Another_Dir/
    file8.html
    Sub_Dir/
        file19.html

I am using the same PHP Zip class used in PHPMyAdmin http://trac.seagullproject.org/browser/branches/0.6-bugfix/lib/other/Zip.php . I'm not sure how to zip a directory rather than just a file. Here's what I have so far:

$aFiles = $this->da->getDirTree($target);
/* $aFiles is something like, path => filetime
Array
(
    [home] => 
    [home/file1.html] => 1251280379
    [home/file2.html] => 1251280377
    etc...
)

*/
$zip = & new Zip();
foreach( $aFiles as $fileLocation => $time ){
    $file = $target . "/" . $fileLocation;
    if ( is_file($file) ){
        $buffer = file_get_contents($file);
        $zip->addFile($buffer, $fileLocation);
    }
}
THEN_SOME_PHP_CLASS::toDownloadData($zip); // this bit works ok

but when I try to unzip the corresponding downloaded zip file I get "operation not permitted"

This error only happens when I try to unzip on my mac, when I unzip through the command line the file unzips ok. Do I need to send a specific content type on download, currently 'application/zip'

12 Answers

Following @user2019515 answer, I needed to handle exclusions to my archive. here is the resulting function with an example.

Zip Function :

function Zip($source, $destination, $include_dir = false, $exclusions = false){
    // Remove existing archive
    if (file_exists($destination)) {
        unlink ($destination);
    }

    $zip = new ZipArchive();
    if (!$zip->open($destination, ZIPARCHIVE::CREATE)) {
        return false;
    }
    $source = str_replace('\\', '/', realpath($source));
    if (is_dir($source) === true){
        $files = new RecursiveIteratorIterator(new RecursiveDirectoryIterator($source), RecursiveIteratorIterator::SELF_FIRST);
        if ($include_dir) {
            $arr = explode("/",$source);
            $maindir = $arr[count($arr)- 1];
            $source = "";
            for ($i=0; $i < count($arr) - 1; $i++) {
                $source .= '/' . $arr[$i];
            }
            $source = substr($source, 1);
            $zip->addEmptyDir($maindir);
        }
        foreach ($files as $file){
            // Ignore "." and ".." folders
            $file = str_replace('\\', '/', $file);
            if(in_array(substr($file, strrpos($file, '/')+1), array('.', '..'))){
                continue;
            }

            // Add Exclusion
            if(($exclusions)&&(is_array($exclusions))){
                if(in_array(str_replace($source.'/', '', $file), $exclusions)){
                    continue;
                }
            }

            $file = realpath($file);
            if (is_dir($file) === true){
                $zip->addEmptyDir(str_replace($source . '/', '', $file . '/'));
            } elseif (is_file($file) === true){
                $zip->addFromString(str_replace($source . '/', '', $file), file_get_contents($file));
            }
        }
    } elseif (is_file($source) === true){
        $zip->addFromString(basename($source), file_get_contents($source));
    }
    return $zip->close();
}

How to use it :

function backup(){
    $backup = 'tmp/backup-'.$this->site['version'].'.zip';
    $exclusions = [];
    // Excluding an entire directory
    $files = new RecursiveIteratorIterator(new RecursiveDirectoryIterator('tmp/'), RecursiveIteratorIterator::SELF_FIRST);
    foreach ($files as $file){
        array_push($exclusions,$file);
    }
    // Excluding a file
    array_push($exclusions,'config/config.php');
    // Excluding the backup file
    array_push($exclusions,$backup);
    $this->Zip('.',$backup, false, $exclusions);
}
Related