Google Chrome Javascript Debugger and Content Scripts

Viewed 48270

This question has been asked similarly before, but I can't seem to debug Javascript in Google Chrome.

If I go to Page > Developer the "Debug Javascript" (Ctrl+Shift+L) is disabled. Alt + ` doesn't work.

I'm developing a 'content script' extension so I'm launching chrome with --enable-extensions.

What I'd ideally like to do is set breakpoints and step/run through my script as it executes. I'm a little over my head when it comes to JavaScript, so any guidance is appreciated.

I can get to the 'JavaScript Console,' but can't find the content scripts inside of that. I'm also not sure how that differs from the 'JavaScript Debugger.'

I'm using the latest Dev build of Chrome (2.0.181.1) on Windows XP.

4 Answers

Right-click and select Inspect Element, there you'll find the JS debugger, among other debugging tools. The JS debugger should allow you to set breakpoints, etc.

Related