Does anybody have a keybinding scheme similar to VS 2005 available for Eclipse?
How to import it into preferences of Eclipse (I see only export button).
Does anybody have a keybinding scheme similar to VS 2005 available for Eclipse?
How to import it into preferences of Eclipse (I see only export button).
How to Install Visual Studio Key Bindings in Eclipse (Helios onwards)
For anyone finding this post, if you need step by step instructions and you're using Eclipse Indigo PDT , the following should help you:
(Note: you will be prompted to restart Eclipse after installing)
After finishing the install and restarting Eclipse...
To confirm the update, try pressing CTRL + SHIFT + F and the 'Search' dialogue box should appear.
To get the Visual Studio key bindings in Eclipse you need to install the C++ development plugins - see this.
I downloaded the latest Java development version of Eclipse (version below), when to Help -> Software Updates -> Available Software -> Ganymede and ticked the C++ box. After a restart the Visual Studio key binding appeared in the list.
Eclipse Platform
Version: 3.4.1
Build id: M20080911-1700
I don't have a VS2005 keybinding scheme as I personally prefer a Brief-style scheme.
However, to import "it", as far as I know (at least on Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede) use File -> Import -> General -> Preferences where "it" is a .prf file which has been saved out using File -> Export -> General -> Preferences.
Eclipse Ganymede has a built-in keybinding scheme for Visual Studio. Have you tried that?