Remove border from IFrame

Viewed 1031685

How would I remove the border from an iframe embedded in my web app? An example of the iframe is:

<iframe src="myURL" width="300" height="300">Browser not compatible.</iframe>

I would like the transition from the content on my page to the contents of the iframe to be seamless, assuming the background colors are consistent. The target browser is IE6 only and unfortunately solutions for others will not help.

26 Answers

Add the frameBorder attribute (note the capital ‘B’).

So it would look like:

<iframe src="myURL" width="300" height="300" frameBorder="0">Browser not compatible.</iframe>

After going mad trying to remove the border in IE7, I found that the frameBorder attribute is case sensitive.

You have to set the frameBorder attribute with a capital B.

<iframe frameBorder="0"></iframe>

In addition to adding the frameBorder attribute you might want to consider setting the scrolling attribute to "no" to prevent scrollbars from appearing.

<iframe src="myURL" width="300" height="300" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no">Browser not compatible. </iframe > 

For browser specific issues also add frameborder="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" according to Dreamweaver:

<iframe src="test.html" name="banner" width="300" marginwidth="0" height="300" marginheight="0" align="top" scrolling="No" frameborder="0" hspace="0" vspace="0">Browser not compatible. </iframe>

Either add the frameBorder attribute, or use style with border-width 0px;, or set border style equal to none.

use any one from below 3:

<iframe src="myURL" width="300" height="300" style="border-width:0px;">Browser not compatible.</iframe>

<iframe src="myURL" width="300" height="300" frameborder="0">Browser not compatible.</iframe>

<iframe src="myURL" width="300" height="300" style="border:none;">Browser not compatible.</iframe>

1.Via Inline Style set border:0

 <iframe src="display_file.html" style="height: 400px; width:
   100%;border: 0;">HTML iFrame is not compatible with your browser
   </iframe>

2. Via Tag Attribute frameBorder Set 0

<iframe src="display_file.html" width="300" height="300" frameborder="0">Browser not compatible.</iframe>

3. if We have multiple I Frame We can give class and Put css in internal or externally.

HTML:

<iframe src="display_file.html" class="no_border_iframe">
    HTML iFrame is not compatible with your browser 
</iframe>

CSS:

<style>
.no_border_iframe{
border: 0; /* or border:none; */
}
</style>

for me, adding worked perfectly

.iframe{
box-shadow: none !important;
}

this solution is particularly for a shopify theme I am editing. The shopify theme uses iframes in different ways throughout the whole theme and one of them glitched. I had to go into the css manually and overide the css attribute.

I had an issue with bottom white border and i could not fix it with border, margin & padding rules ... So add display:block; because iframe is an inline element.

This takes whitespace in your HTML into account.

<iframe src="URL" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="200">
<p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
</iframe>

<iframe frameborder="1|0">

(OR)

<iframe src="URL" width="100%" height="300" style="border: none">Your browser 
does not support iframes.</iframe>

The <iframe> frameborder attribute is not supported in HTML5. Use CSS 
instead.
Related