Does Java have a built-in way to escape arbitrary text so that it can be included in a regular expression? For example, if my users enter "$5", I'd like to match that exactly rather than a "5" after the end of input.
Does Java have a built-in way to escape arbitrary text so that it can be included in a regular expression? For example, if my users enter "$5", I'd like to match that exactly rather than a "5" after the end of input.
Difference between Pattern.quote and Matcher.quoteReplacement was not clear to me before I saw following example
s.replaceFirst(Pattern.quote("text to replace"),
Matcher.quoteReplacement("replacement text"));
I think what you're after is \Q$5\E. Also see Pattern.quote(s) introduced in Java5.
See Pattern javadoc for details.
^(Negation) symbol is used to match something that is not in the character group.
This is the link to Regular Expressions
Here is the image info about negation:
