I'm trying to provide a link to my company's website from a Windows Form. I want to be well behaved and launch using the user's preferred browser.
What is the best way to open a URL in the user's default browser from a Windows Forms application?
I'm trying to provide a link to my company's website from a Windows Form. I want to be well behaved and launch using the user's preferred browser.
What is the best way to open a URL in the user's default browser from a Windows Forms application?
This article will walk you through it.
Short answer:
ProcessStartInfo sInfo = new ProcessStartInfo("http://mysite.com/");
Process.Start(sInfo);
using System.Diagnostics;
Process.Start("http://www.google.com/");
This approach has worked for me, but I could be missing something important.
For those getting a "Win32Exception: The System cannot find the file specified"
This should do the work:
ProcessStartInfo psInfo = new ProcessStartInfo
{
FileName = "https://www.google.com",
UseShellExecute = true
};
Process.Start(psInfo);
UseShellExecute is descriped further here
For me the issue was due to the .NET runtime as descriped here