NHibernate.MappingException: No persister for: XYZ

Viewed 140711

Now, before you say it: I did Google and my hbm.xml file is an Embedded Resource.

Here is the code I am calling:

ISession session = GetCurrentSession();
var returnObject =  session.Get<T>(Id);

Here is my mapping file for the class:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<hibernate-mapping xmlns="urn:nhibernate-mapping-2.2">
  <class name="HQData.Objects.SubCategory, HQData" table="SubCategory" lazy="true">
    <id name="ID" column="ID" unsaved-value="0">
      <generator class="identity" />
    </id>

    <property name="Name" column="Name" />
    <property name="NumberOfBuckets" column="NumberOfBuckets"  />
    <property name="SearchCriteriaOne" column="SearchCriteriaOne" />

    <bag name="_Businesses" cascade="all">
      <key column="SubCategoryId"/>
      <one-to-many 
         class="HQData.Objects.Business, HQData"/>
    </bag>

    <bag name="_Buckets" cascade="all">
      <key column="SubCategoryId"/>
      <one-to-many
         class="HQData.Objects.Bucket, HQData"/>
    </bag>

  </class>
</hibernate-mapping>

Has anyone run to this issue before?

Here is the full error message:

MappingException: No persister for:  HQData.Objects.SubCategory]NHibernate.Impl.SessionFactoryImpl.GetEntityPersister(String entityName, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
 in c:\CSharp\NH2.0.0\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Impl\SessionFactoryImpl.cs:766 NHibernate.Impl.SessionFactoryImpl.GetEntityPersister(String entityName)
 in c:\CSharp\NH2.0.0\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Impl\SessionFactoryImpl.cs:752 NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultLoadEventListener.OnLoad(LoadEvent event, LoadType loadType)
 in c:\CSharp\NH2.0.0\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Event\Default\DefaultLoadEventListener.cs:37 NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.FireLoad(LoadEvent event, LoadType loadType)
 in c:\CSharp\NH2.0.0\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Impl\SessionImpl.cs:2054 NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Get(String entityName, Object id)
 in c:\CSharp\NH2.0.0\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Impl\SessionImpl.cs:1029 NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Get(Type entityClass, Object id)
 in c:\CSharp\NH2.0.0\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Impl\SessionImpl.cs:1020 NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Get(Object id)
 in c:\CSharp\NH2.0.0\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Impl\SessionImpl.cs:985 HQData.DataAccessUtils.NHibernateObjectHelper.LoadDataObject(Int32 Id)
 in C:\Development\HQChannelRepo\HQ Channel Application\HQChannel\HQData\DataAccessUtils\NHibernateObjectHelper.cs:42 HQWebsite.LocalSearch.get_subCategory()
 in C:\Development\HQChannelRepo\HQ Channel Application\HQChannel\HQWebsite\LocalSearch.aspx.cs:17 HQWebsite.LocalSearch.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
 in C:\Development\HQChannelRepo\HQ Channel Application\HQChannel\HQWebsite\LocalSearch.aspx.cs:27 System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15 System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

Update, here's what the solution for my scenario was: I had changed some code and I wasn't adding the Assembly to the config file during runtime.

18 Answers

Sounds like you forgot to add a mapping assembly to the session factory configuration..

If you're using app.config...

.
.
    <property name="show_sql">true</property>
    <property name="query.substitutions">true 1, false 0, yes 'Y', no 'N'</property>
    <mapping assembly="Project.DomainModel"/>  <!-- Here -->
</session-factory>
.
.

I had the same problem because I was adding the wrong assembly in Configuration.AddAssembly() method.

Should it be name="Id"? Typos are a likely cause.

Next would be to try it out with a non-generic test to make sure you're passing in the proper type parameter.

Can you post the entire error message?

If running tests on the repository from a seperate assembly, then make sure your Hibernate.cfg.xml is set to output always in the bin directory of said assembly. This wasn't happening for us and we got the above error in certain circumstances.

Disclaimer: This might be a slightly esoteric bit of advice, given that it's a direct result of how we structure our repository integration test assemblies (i.e. we have a symbolic link from each test assembly to a single Hibernate.xfg.xml)

Don't forget to specify mapping information in .config file

e.g.

where MyApp.Data is assembly that contains your mappings

Had a similar problem when find an object by id... All i did was to use the fully qualified name in the class name. That is Before it was :

find("Class",id)

Object so it became like this :

find("assemblyName.Class",id)

I have a similar problem but all mentioned requirements are met. In my case I try to save some entity class (Type of OBJEKTE) back to the DB. Other places do work but only in this case it fails and raises this exception.

My solution (HACK) was to re-map the objet of type OBJEKTE again and store it then. Suddenly it works. But don't ask why.

            OBJEKTE t = _mapper.Map<OBJEKTE>(inparam);
            OBJEKTE res = await _objRepo.UpdateAsync(t);

If inparam would go straight to UpdateAsync() it cannot find a matching persistor.

It could be explained by the way NH does this. It derives a proxy from your mapping class and implements the properties with dirty handling included. See this:

t.GetType()
{Name = "OBJEKTE" FullName = "MyComp.Persistence.OBJEKTE"}

inparam.GetType()
{Name = "OBJEKTEProxyForFieldInterceptor" FullName = "OBJEKTEProxyForFieldInterceptor"}

The fun thing though is that the source of inparam is in fact the NH repository itself. Anyways. I stay with this reassign hack for the next time being.

I my case I fetched an entity without await:

var company = _unitOfWork.Session.GetAsync<Company>(id);

and then I tried to delete it:

await _unitOfWork.Session.DeleteAsync(company);

I could not decipher the error message that I'm deleting a Task<Company> instead of Company:

MappingException: No persister for: System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder'1+AsyncStateMachineBox'1[[SmartGuide.Core.Domain.Users.Company, SmartGuide.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl+d__54`1[[SmartGuide.Core.Domain.Users.Company, SmartGuide.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]], NHibernate, Version=5.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa95f207798dfdb4]]

You would think that after 14 years, all possible answers to this question have been written down. It seems like that is not the case.

In the application I'm currently working on, there are several ISessionFactory instances, each one for a different database.

If you're taking the wrong one to create your ISession, of course it will have no idea of the class you're trying to persist, which was the error in my case.

Related