Amazon API library for Python?

Viewed 28405

What Python libraries do folks use for querying Amazon product data? (Amazon Associates Web Service - used to be called E-Commerce API, or something along those lines).

Based on my research, PyAWS seems okay, but still pretty raw (and hasn't been updated in a while). Wondering if there's an obvious canonical library that I'm just missing.

8 Answers

pyaws seems to be the best one out there. I used it here (my source code) It worked fine for me.

How about boto? Anyone have any experience with it? I just started looking for a Python package for Amazon and boto looks up to date (v1.8c release 28-Jun-2009), active and complete (has a long list of supported interfaces).

The only other library I'm aware of is pyAmazon, which is the predecessor of pyaws. If you're familiar with the Amazon API (or are willing to become so), you could probably put together something yourself with ZSI.

pyaws is the best in my opinion. The most available version is 0.2.0, but there is also a version 0.3.0 that is somewhat harder to find. The best maintained version of it that I have found though, which is based on 0.3.0, is on bitbucket.

Related