I'm struggling to find the right terminology here, but if you have jQuery object...
$('#MyObject')
...is it possible to extract the base element? Meaning, the equivalent of this:
document.getElementById('MyObject')
I'm struggling to find the right terminology here, but if you have jQuery object...
$('#MyObject')
...is it possible to extract the base element? Meaning, the equivalent of this:
document.getElementById('MyObject')
$('#MyObject').get(0);
I think that's what you want. I think you can also reference it like a regular array with:
$('#MyObject')[0];
But I'm not sure if that will always work. Stick with the first syntax.
Yes, use .get(index). According to the documentation:
The
.get()method grants access to the DOM nodes underlying each jQuery object.
A jQuery object is a set of elements. In your case, a set of one element. This differs from certain other libraries, which wrap single elements and provide alternate syntax for selectors that return multiple matches.
Aaron W and VolkerK already explained how to access the first (index 0) element in the set.