How to access snowflake query profile overview statistics via SQL?

Viewed 335

In Snowflake SnowSight UI, in the Query Profile view, there is a section called Profile Overview where you can see the breakdown of the total execution time. It contains statistics like Processing, Local Disk I/O, Remote Disk I/O, Synchronization etc.

Profile Overview

Full list here https://docs.snowflake.com/en/user-guide/ui-snowsight-activity.html#profile-overview

I want to access those statistics programmatically instead of having to navigate to that section for each query that I want to analyze. The only system view I know that provides query statistics is the QUERY_HISTORY however it doesn't contain those stats.

https://docs.snowflake.com/en/sql-reference/account-usage/query_history.html

Question is, can I get those stats in any of the system views? If so, where and how?

3 Answers

Bad news: There's no programmatic way to get this.

Good news: This is a frequent request, so we might eventually have news.

In the internal tracker I left a note to update this answer once there is progress we can report.

Related