the Wikipedia article about Delaunay Triangulations in d dimensions states as a prerequisite for uniqueness of a triangulation:
It is known that there exists a unique Delaunay triangulation for P if P is a set of points in general position; that is, the affine hull of P is d-dimensional and no set of d + 2 points in P lie on the boundary of a ball whose interior does not intersect P.
Now that I've written my own Delaunay library, I want to be able to verify the uniqueness of the triangulation given its points. Checking the dimensionality of the affine hull can be done easily by calculating the rank of the set. The second part however is way more difficult.
How can I check if d+2 points lie on the boundary of a ball not intersecting with the set and without some gigantic loop over each point? Or is there maybe an alternative way of checking the uniqueness?
I'm using Python with Numpy, however this is more of an theoretical question, thus the language doesn't matter. Thanks!