Is there an easier way of finding cpp executable in visual studio?

Viewed 77

I've started programming in c++ and I recently switched from a text editor to visual studio's ide, and I found out how to compile a single hello world. But it takes a bit to actually find the executable which is in a mess of folders full of a bunch of different files.

Is there just an easier way to find the file? Or change where the file is compiled at?

2 Answers

In visual Studio (not code), go to the Project menu, then to <Project_name> properties. In the popup window go to Configuration properties/General, you will find the output directory.

Plan B: when building your solution, the full path of the exe is displayed in the console output.

You can change the Output Directory in project settings. But generally, you don't even need to care. Just hit "F5" to launch your application (in debugger) or "CTRL+F5" to launch without the debugger.

Related