So, I currently have a discord bot running with discord.py, and as you know, discord.py comes with its own help command (so I don't have to make my own). It's very useful, and I have my commands separated into cogs/categories. It really helps with simplicity, because now I don't have to write my own help command.
The problem is, when I run the help command, it comes to me in a giant code block, like so:
I have heard some complaints from users that this isn't exactly visually appealing, and as I add more commands, it fills up the screen. Is there simple way (without writing my own help command) to move all of this onto an embed? Maybe copy the output of this help command, and move that onto an embed? If not, it's ok, I'll write my own help command, but I'm just trying to look for a simple way to do this without getting my hands dirty coding. As always, thank you in advance.
In case it is needed, here is sample from my code:
import discord
from discord.ext import commands, tasks
TOKEN = "INSERT TOKEN HERE"
client = commands.Bot(command_prefix="wurf ", case_insensitive=True)
#Utility Category
class Utility(commands.Cog):
def __init__(self, client):
self.client = client
@commands.command(
help="Shows the ping/latency of the bot in miliseconds.",
brief="Shows ping."
)
async def ping(self, ctx):
if round(client.latency * 1000) <= 50:
embed=discord.Embed(title="PING", description=f":ping_pong: Pingpingpingpingping! The ping is **{round(client.latency *1000)}** milliseconds!", color=0x44ff44)
elif round(client.latency * 1000) <= 100:
embed=discord.Embed(title="PING", description=f":ping_pong: Pingpingpingpingping! The ping is **{round(client.latency *1000)}** milliseconds!", color=0xffd000)
elif round(client.latency * 1000) <= 200:
embed=discord.Embed(title="PING", description=f":ping_pong: Pingpingpingpingping! The ping is **{round(client.latency *1000)}** milliseconds!", color=0xff6600)
else:
embed=discord.Embed(title="PING", description=f":ping_pong: Pingpingpingpingping! The ping is **{round(client.latency *1000)}** milliseconds!", color=0x990000)
await ctx.send(embed=embed)
client.add_cog(Utility(client))
client.run(TOKEN)