SVN Update Postpone --> How to resolve?

Viewed 26183

When I did svn update and SVN asked me about a few differences, I told it to postpone them.

Now I would like to resolve them, but svn update just tells me "up to date", even though svn diff shows me the differences.

How do I make svn update ask me about the conflicts again?

3 Answers

After postpone, you have to run svn resolve for each file in conflict.

If you want to see the conflicts, you can run :

svn resolve /path/to/file

select "m" for fusion

For each conflict, you see both versions. You can choose to use your version, theirs, a mix (your then theirs, their then yours) or to edit one or both version.

Exemple :

    Conflicting section found during merge:
        (1) their version (à la ligne 88)    |(2) your version (à la ligne 77)  
        -------------------------------------+----------------------------------
        text = new_box(name, column, option) |  text = new_box(name, column) 
        -------------------------------------+----------------------------------

        Select: (1) use their version, (2) use your version,
                (12) their version first, then yours,
                (21) your version first, then theirs,
                (e1) edit their version and use the result,
                (e2) edit your version and use the result,
                (eb) edit both versions and use the result,
                (p) postpone this conflicting section leaving conflict markers,
                (a) abort file merge and return to main menu: 2

then you choose "r" to mark the conflict resolved.

Related