Disable intellij indexing on specific folder

Viewed 106278

In my project I have .deploy folder which is created/updated when I deploy my app locally. Is it possible to disable indexing on that folder? Everything slows down whenever I deploy and it's really annoying - I have to wait a few minutes whilist intellij doing unnecessary indexing. In module view I excluded that folder but it's not helping. Any help would be appreciated.

6 Answers

The option is now called Stop/Start Index, available from the folder context menu in solution explorer. When index is stopped, the folder will appear with "no index" annotation on the right.

enter image description here

I excluded the build output folder and no longer getting lengthy index refreshes after each build. Also full text search is a lot faster (near instant).

enter image description here

After applying the Mark As > Excluded method to a folder you still might see unwanted results.

You have to explicitly mark sub-folders as well to disable certain functionalities for sub-folders.

indexing, find usages etc.

Sometimes it is not possible to mark the folder as excluded. It happens with direct node dependencies.

For that, it's a bit extreme but you can add it to Editor-> File types -> ignored file types and folders. It won't be indexed at all. It won't be shown in the project either

Related