Directory NN is in the user profile, but is not listed in the RemoveFile table

Viewed 22186

When I am trying to create the installer i am getting the following error:

The directory ProgramMenuDir is in the user profile but is not listed in the RemoveFile table.

How do I resolve this issue? Below is the directory structure I am using:

<Directory Id="ProgramMenuFolder" Name="Programs">
  <Directory Id="ProgramMenuDir" Name="E">
    <Directory Id="Monarch" Name="Monarch">
      <Component Id="Monarch" Guid="*">                       
        <RemoveFolder Id='Monarch' On='uninstall' />
        <RemoveFolder Id='ProgramMenuDir' On='uninstall' />
        <RegistryValue Root='HKCU' Key='Software\[Manufacturer]\[ProductName]' 
                                   Type='string' Value='' KeyPath='yes' />
      </Component>
    </Directory>
  </Directory>
</Directory>
4 Answers

If other answers are still not working for you, try to check Suppress ICE validation option, Visual studio will ignore these validations, just follow this route:

YourProject -> Properties -> Tool Settings

ICE validation

Just writing this up for some others who may still experience this problem even after following the answer for this question.

I had the same problem, and even after explicitly specifying the Directory in the RemoveFolder did not help me, I tried to put this DirectoryRef containing the shortcut install/uninstall somponents right after the TARGETDIR within the same fragment and it helped fix my issue.

If following answer still still not working. Try to reboot your visual studio.

Related